View Field Observations
The observations selected display in all of the areas below. You can open and close each area if you want to only see some of the information.
The date, observer, period, area, zone and location are repeated in each section.
All depths are in inches.
- Large (> than 18 inches)
- Medium (6-18 inches)
- Small (2 to 6 inches)
- No Obs: No Observations not possible
- near - drifts along ridges
- middle - drifts extended from ridges
- far - drifts beyond ridges - extensive
- RC - rain crust
- SC - sun crust
- MFC = melt/freeze crust
- RmC - rime crust
- RRC - radiation recrystallization
- SF - surface hoar
- NSF - near surface faceted snow
- DH - depth hoar
- DB - density break
- HC = hardness change